Our History & Development
In December, 2006, sponsored by Flintridge Foundation, Yoland Trevino, Principal of Transformative Collaborations International (TCI), started a series of Workshops and Dialogues on the Appreciative Inquiry Approach that lasted for 8 months: The Coalition of Transformative Leaders from Pasadena & Altadena learning a methodology that helps to improve groups and organizations’ dynamics.
After completion of such training and due to the genuine interest of some participants, the Coalition decided to maintain its weekly meetings until now and started actively collaborating as bridge builders with the Pasadena & Altadena community, supporting schools, administrators, authorities and families as well as beginning its inception as a non-Profit organization, now with a whole plan of projects and activities. Our goal is to generate transformation using existing services and community resources.
PACTL decided to incorporate in December 2010 and formed a Board of Directors that include professionals, Parents, Community Residents and Youth.
Coalition’s Background and Collaborations
in the Altadena & Pasadena Community
- John Muir High School: Participation in School Re-invention meetings and Parent Education Classes. Presently offering “Reconnecting with Family Wisdom,” Parenting class at Muir High School.
- Washington Middle School: Meetings, conferences and classes.
- Pasadena Altadena Vision 20/20: Radicalized/Gang Violence Intervention-Prevention on-going meetings. Co-lead, Latino Caucus4.
- Pasadena Youth Center: Adelante Mujer Latina (Conference) April, 2007, 2008-2009: As presenters and recruiters.
Partnership with Western Justice Center:
- Trained as community facilitator and worked as a facilitator with young students at Muir High School (2007).
- Member of the Parenting Education Committee, Vision 20/20 and co-led of the Violence Prevention Parenting Education in Spanish offered at Villa Park Center (2008, 2009).
Community at large:
- Reconnecting with Family Wisdom (Violence Prevention Parent Education Program) completed a class at Muir School (2009).
- Reconnecting Family Wisdom Parenting Class (Present, 2011) at John Muir high.
- Member of Christmas Celebration Planning Committee “La Posada 2010” at Jackson School and Workshops presenter.
- Member of Parenting Awareness Month planning committee, Day One and workshop presenter at Hillside Community Center (March,30/2011).