Through Leadership Training and workshops — hosted by parent leaders–as well as by ongoing networking and dialogue parents become aware of the importance of their voice. Parents – who before APFPN may have felt alone, disconnected, and unclear about how to participate in creating the changes they’d like in their families, schools, communities, and world – become energized, confident, and clear about their own priorities. They develop and hone the skills necessary to be powerful communicators and advocates and are ready to join forces with each other and professionals. All APFPN activities for parents are developed and led by parents.
Parent Leadership Training
- fulfilling their role as their children’s best advocate
- working in partnership with educators and professionals
- becoming active leaders in their own communities for themselves and their families
- setting and realizing goals.
- Relationship and skill-building workshops for parents and professionals together.
- Consulting to organizations and schools on building and sustaining meaningful, mutually beneficial partnerships with parents.
- Opportunities for parents to network with each other and to get connected to groups and institutions seeking parent input and voices.